Most Active Stories
- Post Ranking: Top 3 Most Challenging High Schools in Wisconsin
- New Ranking: Milwaukee Still Country's Most Segregated Metro Area
- Milwaukee Reengineers Streets To Soak Up Storm Water
- Robotic Exo-Skeleton Allows Paralyzed Madison Vet to Stand Up and Walk
- Why Chinese Teens are Coming to Wisconsin for High School
Serving Milwaukee since 1964.
WUWM 89.7 FM - Milwaukee Public Radio is committed to bringing the listeners of southeastern Wisconsin in-depth news, thoughtful conversations and smart entertainment.
Member-supported WUWM is licensed to the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents and is operated by the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee College of Letters and Science.
WUWM 89.7 FM: NPR / IN-DEPTH NEWS broadcasts locally-produced news and music, as well as national and international programming from NPR, PRI, APM and BBC.
WUWM’s award-winning WUWM NEWS journalists and Lake Effect producers create captivating reports that focus on local and regional issues featuring the people and cultural events that shape our community. WUWM's on-air staff follow a code of ethics, ensuring high standards of honesty, integrity and impartiality.
UWM Today features the people and discoveries at UW-Milwaukee.
The majority of WUWM's funding comes from listener donations, foundations and business sponsorships.
CPB STATION ACTIVITY REPORT:
WUWM's CODE OF ETHICS:
- WUWM Ethics Code for All Employees
- WUWM Ethics Code for Journalists
- WUWM Ethics Code for Fund Raising Professionals
WUWM LICENSEE OPEN MEETING INFORMATION:
WUWM Milwaukee Public Radio is licensed by the Federal Communications to the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System. Meetings of the UW Board of Regents are open to the public although certain meetings may be closed per state statute.