Most Active Stories
- Post Ranking: Top 3 Most Challenging High Schools in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Worst in Nation for Well-Being of Black Children
- Robotic Exo-Skeleton Allows Paralyzed Madison Vet to Stand Up and Walk
- Packers' Old Turf Helps Revitalize South Side Milwaukee Neighborhood
- Milwaukee Group: Public School Gyms in Worse Shape than Bradley Center
WUWM's Advisory Board is composed of volunteers who represent the diverse needs and interests of the station's listening base.
The primary functions of WUWM's Advisory Board are:
- To provide advice on strategic goals of the station including programming, community outreach and other activities upon the request of station management.
- To assist WUWM in securing essential financial support from public radio listeners throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
- To be well-informed and able to convey WUWM's mission and strategies, policies, programs, strengths and needs.
The Advisory Board's four annual meetings are open to the public and take place in WUWM's Conference Room. Meetings start promptly at noon and end at 1:30 pm.
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Thursday, June 19, 2014
WUWM's Advisory Board Members
Mary Isbister - Chairperson, GenMet
Eileen Dubner - Vice-Chairperson, Community Volunteer
Laura Gough - Vice-Chairperson, Robert W. Baird
Ron Bero, The BERO Group
Denise Callaway, Milwaukee Public Schools
Bruce Campbell, Medical College of Wisconsin
Tom Gauthier, Adonai Employment, Inc.
Richard Harris, Community Volunteer
Margaret Hickey, Becker, Hickey & Poster, S.C.
Bill Koenig, Community Volunteer
Julie Krawczyk, Hatco Corporation
Philip Loftus, Aurora Health Care
Kim Marggraf, Marggraf Meetings
Bill Otto, Hospitality and Higher Education Consultant
Robert Remme, IBM Corporation
Amy Shapiro, Hawks Quindel, S.C.
Jennifer Watson - Ex-Officio Member, Associate Dean of Humanities & Communication in the College of Letters & Science at UW-Milwaukee
Members of the Advisory Board are appointed by the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Dean of College of Letters and Science, upon the recommendation of WUWM's Director. There is no financial compensation for service.