Most Active Stories
- Bay View: Home To Three of Draft Magazine's '100 Best Beer Bars'
- Dashboard Confessional's Chris Carrabba, On Twin Forks And The Luxury Of Starting Over
- Stephen Wade Brings The Banjo's History To Life In One Man Show in Milwaukee
- #001 Precious Lives: How Do You Measure the Loss of a Five-Year-Old Girl?
- West African Brings Her Native Food to Milwaukee
David Pate has conversations about race, gender and class on Lake Effect. Pate's Real Talk segments will be a discussion at the intersection of equity and race - focusing on such topics as homelessness, poverty, domestic violence, welfare, asset and other issues of social justice.
As a child, Pate received and experienced the social welfare system and now teaches social welfare policy at the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He is an associate professor and founder of the Center for Family Policy and Practice.
David Pate is a “City of Brotherly Love” Philadelphia, Pa native. He graduated from the UW-Madison (Doctorate), University of Chicago (Masters), and the University of Detroit (Bachelors).