Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- Young Black Men in Milwaukee Ditch Sneakers and Jeans for Tuxedos
- Milwaukee's Best New Restaurants
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
Fri April 18, 2014
Life-Long Learning Through The Arts
The importance of the arts in our community cannot be overstated. They bring vitality and energy to the entire region.
At UWM, one especially important effort is the commitment to make the arts available and accessible to all generations - including older people suffering from dementia.
Host Tom Luljak talks with Anne Basting, professor of theater in UWM’s Peck School of the Arts, and Chelsea Wait, who is a doctoral student in architecture but involved now in a very interesting community arts program.
They discuss their commitment to life-long learning through the arts, including the transformative potential of theater to health care settings, and inter-generational efforts.