Most Active Stories
- New Documentary Warns Humans Could Be Responsible for Mass Extinction
- Milwaukee's New East Library Honors Its Past, While Folding in Sustainability
- Your Adult Siblings May Be The Secret To A Long, Happy Life
- Walker Administration Projects $2 Billion Budget Deficit
- Where To Eat in Milwaukee Once Your Thanksgiving Leftovers Are Gone
Arts & Culture
Fri July 18, 2014
Sample Some of Milwaukee's Characters in Mozina's 'Quality Snacks'
In Quality Snacks, Mozina, who is a professor of English at Kalamazoo College in Michigan, finds many of his characters inhabiting the Milwaukee area of his own childhood.
"People in Milwaukee, you know, they would chop down trees and pour metal into molds and build farm equipment, and then winter would come and they would drink," says Mozina. "And that's us."
Fifteen stories make up the new collection, which he'll talk about tonight at Boswell Book Company in Milwaukee.