Thursday on Lake Effect:
We take you to the Riverwest Public House for our latest Lake Effect On-Site from the great neighborhood of Riverwest. We hear how the neighborhood came to be with historian and author Tom Tolan and learn about the physical structure of Riverwest homes with Ken Converse of Bliffert Lumber and Hardware. Plus, we learn about Riverwest's bike culture from the Riverwest 24 to Fyxation bicycles. We meet the women behind the neighborhood's staple bookshop, Woodland Pattern Book Center, and enjoy some live music with Milwaukee’s Denny Rauen.
- Tom Tolan, managing editor of Milwaukee Magazine & co-author of Riverwest: A Community History
- Ken Converse, Bliffert Lumber and Hardware store manager
- Nicole Watson & Wendy Mesich, Riverwest 24 co-organizers
- Nick Ginster, Fyxation Bicycle Company owner and co-founder
- Anne Kingsbury, Jenny Gropp, & Laura Solomon; Woodland Pattern Book Center
- Denny Rauen, Denny Rauen Guitars