Thursday on Lake Effect:
We look at what we know and don’t know about how the COVID-19 vaccine could help return life to a pre-pandemic normal. We hear a local healthcare worker’s experience receiving the vaccine. We look back at past threats against the U.S. Capitol. We continue our conversations with racial justice activists and their hopes for the movement in 2021. Plus, we meet the hosts of NPR’s history podcast Throughline, which is making the jump from podcast to radio.
- Dr. Carlos Figueroa-Castro, infectious disease specialist at Froedert and the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Beth Sherwood, child life specialist who received the COVID-19 vaccine
- John Savagian, history professor at Alverno College
- Ajamou Butler, founder of Heal the Hood Milwaukee
- Rund Abdelfatah & Ramtin Arablouei, Througline hosts